Thursday, June 4, 2009

A VISIT AND A BIG DECISION!!

Recruiters from Sewanee: The University of The South wanted Jacob to visit their campus and offer him a chance to play basketball at the college level. We visited and the campus was beautiful. Me being me, I was more impressed with their curriculm and the prestigous educational reputation they have. We met with both coaches and they were very nice and had evidently been watching Jacob for some time. We toured the campus with them and it was about this time that I noticed Jacob wasn't really himself. I GET TO THAT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POST!!
This was Jacob's favorite building of all of them. He thought the stone points were cool. This was actually the dining house. IMAGINE THAT! Jacob and food!!
The All Saints Chapel was absolutely beautiful and it reminded me and Jacob of The National Cathedral in Washington D. C.
AT THE FOOT OF THE CROSS!!
Where we all should be thankful we get to go to and talk to our Heavenly Father.
What BIG DECISIONS Jacob and God have had to make!
This was taken in April at Kylah's party. We visited Sewanee right after this. It makes me smile when I look at it.
I guess the Lord knows what he's doin after all.
For those of you who dont know, Jacob has decided to take his academic scholarships from UT and attend there in the Fall. He made his decision a couple of weeks after getting back from Sewanee. He informed them and the other schools who were recruiting him. Some took it better than others. It was a different experience I can say that. Tim and I are just thankful he had the opportunity to decide and the choice of different schools.
GO VOLS!!!






No comments: