Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our Fall Get-A-Way

I decided Thurs night to surprise Tim and schedule a "WEEKEND GETAWAY" in the mountains. We stayed at the Gatlinburg Chateau and we had a great time! Jacob stayed with Momma because he and Kendal already had weekend plans. THANKS MOMMA! Landon went to Nashville to watch Eric's hockey game and have some fun @ the horse barn. THANKS DI AND MINDY!!

We ate breakfast @ the Pancake Pantry. YUM YUM! And I officially have a new "favorite store": P. Graham Dunn. It is absolutely amazing! I have a tradition any time Tim, Jacob, Landon or I go on a trip, either all together or just a school trip with one of the boys. I buy a little souvenier to put in my curio cabinet. Tim bought me a plague with one of my favorite scriptures(I know I have 1000's) on it:
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an unexpected end.

This is a view from our balcony. The leaves haven't changed that much until you start up the mountain to NC.

It was foggy on this morning and very cold. It was such a beautiful and peaceful drive.

My favorite trees are the red ones. I think they stick out better than any other color!!
THANK YOU LORD FOR A WONDERFUL WEEKEND WITH SUCH A WONDERFUL HUSBAND AND BEST FRIEND!

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Good for you guys! I'm sure you had a wonderful time. Isn't fall the best? We're headed to the mountains the next 3 weekends for different things, but I'm so excited to see all the gorgeous colors. Miss you!

Shannon said...

OOhLaLa! It's so encouraging to see that as busy as you are, you still make time for each other. You are such a wonderful witness to all of us. Love you both!