Friday, February 13, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEMAW!!!

On Sunday Memaw turned 86!! She is My Daddy's mother and he was such a "Momma's Boy" and he loved her very much. Momma and I took her out to eat for her birthday. I told her we could go anywhere she wanted. She said: "Well, can you afford Shoney's? I love their chicken!" So, to Shoney's it was. She amazes me at her sharp mind. She has such a memory. She remembers so many things from her childhood and I love to hear her talk about that. She also talks about my Daddy alot. She tells me stories of when he was growing up and stories from just a few years ago. I am thankful that my desire to know and remember all the things she tells me is stronger than my desire to cry. I can't help it. She and I share a common thread that goes deeper than even genetics. WE BOTH MISS HIM TERRIBLY!! It is really difficult at times because of Jacob's senior year and all the positive things going for him. I know how happy he would be and I struggle with not being able to talk to him about things.
PLEASE PRAY THAT I CAN BE STRONG FOR MY FAMILY AND NOT ASK WHY!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You are forever in my prayers. You can still talk to him all you want. You may not hear his voice in response, but you WILL hear the comforting words of your Heavenly Father and I have a feeling that will suffice. I love you and miss you so much!